Our concern for you and your home is always at the forefront of our minds. Before we even begin working we lay tarps in applicable areas and build the necessary structures to prepare your property for construction and protect your landscaping. Below is a step by step summary of the roofing process.
1. Preparation - We place tarps and/or wood structures around your property to protect your landscaping and minimize cleanup.
2. Removal - We remove the existing layers all the way down to the sheathing. At this time we make sure that the surface is clean, flat, and we have replaced any rotten wood to ensure the surface is solid and smooth.
3. Underlayment - We are dedicated to using the absolute best in materials and this is why we only use synthetic underlayment to better protect your home.
4. Ice & Water Shield - is placed in all areas susceptible to leaks, i.e. around penetration points, valleys, or flashings. Layering around eaves may be applicable above certain elevations in order to protect against ice damns.
5. Flashing & Drip Edge - is placed around the perimeter in order to wick water away from the property and fascia, prolong the life of the fascia, and channel the water away from your home.
6. Starter - Starter course is used around the edge of the roof to make sure there is even installation of the shingles and prevent a bumpy uneven look.
8. Tying It Together - Our hip and ridge shingles tie the entire roof together and make it possible to see how a roof can be beautiful.
9. Sealing It Up - After completing the roof installation we use silicone sealer to seal any and all potential hazards. This could be anything from the exposed nails used to secure the roof vents to the facade shingle used to make your roof look more seamless